The ChainSCANNER provides a manual pipe-inspection solution for pipes ranging from 45 mm to 965 mm OD (1.75 to 38 in. OD). The scanner, held by chain links instead of magnetic wheels, is well suited for weld or corrosion inspection on various material types, using UT, TOFD, and PA technologies.
The ChainSCANNER facilitates the manual inspection of pipes with outside diameters of 45 mm to 965 mm (1.75 in. to 38 in.), offering the possibility for two-axis encoding. The scanner, which is held by chain links instead of magnetic wheels, is able to inspect ferromagnetic or nonferromagnetic surfaces. The chain links also help ensure a straight displacement of the scanner by eliminating steering problems. Finally, it is useful when the area around the pipe is difficult to access as the scanner can be rotated around the pipe using the chain links.
Main applications are:
- Circumferential-pipe weld inspections with phased array, TOFD, or conventional UT
- Corrosion mapping of small areas with phased array or conventional UT (using XY; 2 encoder models)
Probe-positioning system with lead screw adjustment
- Main module with a scan-axis encoder
- Chain links for 5 in., 16 in., or 38 in. pipe OD (depending on model) with quick-release adjustable buckle
- 5 m encoder cable for OmniScan
- 450 mm (17.7 in.) probe-holder bar
- Two spring-loaded probe holders with adjustable TOFD-P/E yokes
- Two spring-loaded probe holders with adjustable phased array yokes
- Probe-positioning system with lead screw adjustment
- 5 m divisible cable conduit (19 mm ID)
- Irrigation tubes and fittings
- CHAIN™ scanner tool
- Carrying case
Note: Probes and wedges are not included with the scanner.